The community of modders is among the most enthusiastic gamers and that’s the case for every Rockstar Games creation. But, considering that GTA V is the studio’s most popular game to date, it’s easy to understand that GTA V would have the most mod-friendly support. The main issue that many players face when playing mods is figuring out how to install and download them to ensure they can be used in game. It can be a bit confusing for those who may not be the best at technology. Additionally, there’s the problem of figuring out what modifications to download in 2022 nearly year after GTA V first launched. Below, players can find exactly how to download the mods within GTA V and which ones they should be considering installing first.
Downloading Mods in GTA V
Before players are able to decide what mods they need to install, they must be aware of how to download the mods. It is important to note that players are only able to play mods as a single player the game, as Rockstar Games had forbidden the use of mods in GTA Online. If players attempt to join GTA Online with mods enabled it could result in being banned. There are a variety of steps involved in downloading mods within GTA V. The first part of the procedure is outlined below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Start the download on your browser, and then follow the installation instructions the application will lay out
- Once the installation process is completed, launch OpenIV, and then select Windows on the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue, then hit the Tools box at the taskbar at the top of OpenIV
- Choose ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. Choose Yes when asked.
What this procedure provides is the ability for downloading and managing their GTA V mods. The players can launch the OpenIV application at any time to review how their mods are doing, deinstall the mods, or change their settings. The next step in the process is to find physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Check out: GTA 5 mods – Best Modding
- Select a mod you want to download. You can choose a specific class of mods from the menu on the site
- Once a mode is selected Click on the box, and then click the green button to download it.
- Some mods will download the .rar extension file into your internet browser. Other mods will direct you to the Github page that will show the most recent version of the mod available to download the file.
- If mods download as .rar file, you’ll require another program for opening it like 7-Zip File Management, which can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store
- When you have opened the .rar files are opened you’ll likely find a ReadMe file which can be opened using Notepad. This will give you directions on how to download the mod
- If the mod is available on the Github page and you want to download the most current version, download it. The mod will be downloaded as a zipped archive, which you must extract to another folder on your computer.
- After the files have been extracted Copy or paste it in the Mods folder in the computer’s GTA V game directory. This is the same directory you have entered into the file path of the OpenIV application.
- Start GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of your file to your GTA V directory or followed the directions for the .rar file
Although this procedure covers general mods accessible for download, there’s also mods that make use of scripts. This requires a different mod, called Script Hook in order to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and then extract the contents to another folder on your computer.
- Paste the contents of the file into the directory for games within GTA V, but don’t put them in a specific directory.
- Create a brand new folder in the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose the script mod you want to download (these typically are identified with .net)
- Unzip the Mod file then extract it time
- The contents should be copied and pasted into the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure to follow the guidelines to use the mod by the mod’s creator. These directions is available at the best-modding.com page about the mod
After all these steps are complete After that, players are able to use mods at their own discretion after which they can begin to use mods GTA V.