In recent years, ladies who have suffered from hair loss, alopecia, a bad hairline, and other hair issues have flocked to full lace wigs. Although, now these wigs are used primarily to achieve the desired look and feel like a 10! Full lace wigs have become so popular that you might wonder how long they last.
Let’s see how long real full lace wigs last and how to care for them properly to increase their lifespan.
What Are Full Lace Hair Wigs?
Human hair full wigs are constructed with hand-tied lace cap bases and real virgin human hair. Typically, the hair is hand-knotted onto the lace, making wearing them extremely comfortable.
Full lace wigs allow you to achieve updo hairstyles and part them wherever you choose while maintaining the appearance that the hair is growing from your scalp.
How Long Do Full Wigs Last?
There is no specific answer when it concerns the lifespan of full lace human hair wigs. The longevity of the wigs is determined by the wig’s quality, how frequently they are worn, and how they are cared for.
For example, virgin human hair full wigs with cuticles have a greater lifespan and require less maintenance than Remy hair full wigs without cuticles.
If you care for your real full lace wigs, rotate between different hair wigs, and minimize heat-styling tool usage, then your full lace wigs will last more than a year. Poor maintenance, daily usage, and regular heat-styling will diminish the quality and won’t last more than a few months!
Straight and darker colored full wigs last longer since they require less processing and treatment than curly and color-treated full lace wigs.
How To Care For Real Hair Wigs?
Since you know what real full lace wigs are and how long they last, let’s look into how to care for them like a pro!
- Extreme heat will dry out the cuticles and harm wigs. So keep them away from extreme heat. Place your wigs away from a fire, vent, or any other source of heat where they could be harmed over time.
- Even if the hair is securely attached to the lace, you should comb your full wigs carefully and gently to avoid strands from falling out.
- Ensure that you detangle your full wigs before washing them to minimize breakage or shedding. While brushing, use a wide-tooth comb and begin from the ends.
- It’s important not to overwash your full wigs– wash them every 10-15 years, and always use sulfate-free hair care products to wash and condition them. Avoid scrubbing the lace area while washing.
- Deep condition your full hair wigs weekly or once every two weeks, depending on how frequently you wear them. Use a wide-tooth comb to distribute the deep conditioner to your wigs equally.
- Do not use a blow dryer to dry your wigs. It might dry out and harm the virgin strands over time. Remove excess water from the wigs by gently squeezing them and drying them with microfiber towels. Allow the wigs to air dry naturally after that.
- You can either use heat-styling tools or choose the heatless route to style your full-lace wigs. Both will provide stunning results thanks to the quality of the wigs. Ensure to coat your wigs with a heat protectant before heat-styling to prevent damage and breakage.
- To make your full wigs last longer, store them properly when you’re not using them. Also, it’s important to rotate between wigs to prolong their lifespan!
Now you know how long real full lace wigs last and how to maintain them, get ready to look and feel like a 10! Showcase your style and personality with the best lace front wigs!
To shop for quality full wigs, head to True Glory Hair. They have a vast collection of virgin Brazilian wigs in numerous textures and lengths. Aside from wigs, you can also get your hands on bundles, clip-ins, and more!