It is an excellent WIFI router, juiced-up-for-gamers. It is best to router to boost your home with tri-band WIFI coverage. Its eight powerful antennas can catch the signal even from far away. Gamers are already sworn by wired network connections.
Router.asus.com wireless setup is considered more important for general usage. Do you want to know about the wired connection of your Asus AC5300 router? It provides eight ports which are twice the Asus RT-AC5300 router. Moreover, it provides you with a slightly higher spec which you won’t find in other Asus routers.
Know your Asus AC5300 Router
You will be surprised to know that the Asus AC5300 as a gaming router flies. But not very cost-effective. If you want to know about its features more specifically, then;
- It gives you MU-MIMO, Link Aggregation
- Adaptive QoS, 8- external antennas
- Traffic Analyzer, 8 Gigabit LAN, one GB RAM
- One WAN, and 2 x USB with version 3.0, etc.
- Asus Router Setup: AC5300.
Router Asus Configuration using a browser
You have to connect an HKBN wall plate to the WAN port of your Asus AC5300 router. The other end of this LAN cable goes into the LAN port of the computer. Use this computer device for the entire configuration process.
- Once the router and computer have connected as by the instructed steps, then connect your modem to the WIFI router.
- Your modem requires an Ethernet cable so that you can connect its WAN port from the WAN port of the router. Make the firm connection of the router to the modem.
- Now, connect to their respective power line adapters before we proceed ahead, power the connected devices.
- Your Asus Router setup requires you to press the power button available at its back. Make it ready for the configuration.
- On your computer, click on a web browser, and navigate to the Addy. In this Addy, enter the IP address http://192.168.1.1.
- Or you may enter the default web address www.router.asus.net and get the Asus router login window.
- Enter the user name/SSID and password in this Asus router login window,
- . Note down the details from your ROG AC5300 router.
- After that, click Login to get the home page or the Router Asus dashboard. Now you are at the Basic home page of your Asus router.
The basic home page of your router lets you do more advanced settings and configurations. Like password and user ID modification. WEP and WPA-2 personal configuration settings, etc.
How to change the Asus router admin password?
When you log into your Asus router, go and select the option to start the setup process. When the advanced Asus setup process starts, you need to create a router login name and password. And then press the Next button.
- Now, go to the configuration page of Asus router setup
- Here, fill in all the given tabs with the required information.
- Such as WIFI Name (SSID), Security passphrase, etc.
- After completing the details, click on Apply to finish the whole configuration process.
- Before applying new settings, re-enter the SSID and password.
- Then, log in to your Asus router using the same web browser.
- And then, select WAN, which is available under the Advanced Settings.
You should also select the Automatic IP address. It is in the section of WAN Connection, then click the Apply button to confirm your option.
Asus Router Setup via Asus router app
The Asus router app is a user-friendly app as it offers a more convenient tool to set up your Asus router. This article will describe a series of processes with Asus router login. You can set up your Asus router wirelessly or wired method.
- Connect your mobile to the Router Asus default SSID.
- The Asus router login network name can be like ASUS_XX.
- Use the SSID shown on the product labels. Usually, it is at the back of the router.
- Now launch and execute the Asus router app. Now, tap the option Setup.
- Next, you need to tap [Asus Router]. And then, select [Allow] to gear up the process.
- Tap or hit the Start button. Next, set the internet type according to your network.
Note: – If the connection type is Automatic IP, tap [Next]. But, if the connection type is PPPoE, then type the username and password provided by the ISP. After that, tap the NEXT button. Type the Asus router login name and password and tap next. The login username and password is necessary during the Asus router access to the configuration panel.
Read More – College Dorm Party