CUET 2022 Exam: For admissions to various undergraduate and integrated programs at all Central and State universities, CUET or Common University Entrance Test is conducted. On behalf of these universities, National Testing Agency will conduct the exam for which the registrations have begun. To get into these schools, it is mandatory for each candidate to appear for CUET. All the admissions will be based on CUET scores only.
CUET 2022 Exam
Previously known as Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET), the exam was initially accepted by the Central Universities only for admissions UG and PG programs. After much consideration to replace cut-off trend, CUET has been introduced. Common University Entrance Test or CUET will provide aspirants with a single-window opportunity to get admission to any Central Universities across the country.
The examination will be administered in 13 languages at 154 locations. CUET being a mandatory entrance exam for undergraduate programmes, DU has also changed its admission policy and will now accept CUET scores. The current DU admission policy makes it clear what the admission requirements will be for the upcoming session.
For more information about CUET, CUET syllabus, CUET exam pattern, eligibility, participating colleges and more, keep reading further!
CUET 2022 Latest Updates
CUET exam will be conducted in the 1st and 2nd week of July 2022. NTA will conduct the exam in NTA will be conducting the exam in two slots, i.e. Slot 1 for 195 minutes and Slot 2 for 225 minutes. Aspirants can apply for CUET, as the registrations are open until 6 May 2022.
CUET 2022 Notification
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the CUET notification, signalling the start of exam registration. The notification includes information about exam dates, registration, and the release of admit cards. Take a look at the table below to learn more about the CUET notification.
CUET 2022 Important Dates
|Registration Starts||6 April 2022|
|Registration Ends||6 May 2022|
|Admit Card Release||To be notified|
|Date of Examination||First and second week of July 2022|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
Timing of Examination
|9:00 AM – 12:15 PM||3:00 PM – 6:45 PM|
|Duration of Examination||195 minutes||225 minutes|
|Entry in the Examination Centre/Hall/Room, frisking, biometric registration/ record of manual attendance by Invigilator, document verification/cross-checking of Admit Card, signature, and photo match to be completed by Invigilator, etc. Instructions by the Invigilator(s)||7:00 AM– 8:30 AM||1:00 PM – 2:30 PM|
|8:30 AM – 8:50 AM||2:30 PM – 2:50 PM|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||8:50 AM||2:50 PM|
|Test Commences||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Test Concludes||As per timing given in the Admit Card|
CUET 2022 Exam Summary
The NTA and NEP have confirmed that the CUET exam will be required for admission to central and state universities. Although the date for the CUET exam has not been announced, other critical information about the exam is available. For your convenience, the CUET Exam Summary is included below.
|Full Exam Name||Central Universities Entrance Test (CUET)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer-based Test)|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|CUET Exam Centers||Around 150|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
CUET 2022 Application Form
CUET 2022 Registrations started on 6 April 2022 and will end on 6 May 2022 (5 pm). To register themselves, candidates can visit https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/ and start the registration process. The registration process is as follows –
- Registration on the portal
- Filling out the application form
- Uploading of images and signature and other required documents (if any)
How to fill CUET 2022 Application Form?
To fill in the application form, candidates must know the steps to get registered for the CUET 2022. Follow the step to fill CUET 2022 Application Form.
- Visit the official website of the CUET, i.e. https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ tab to register for the program.
- After clicking, candidates can choose the UG, PG, and RP programs.
- Complete the application with all the required details –program applied for, name, valid e-mail id, contact details, date of birth and verification code displayed.
- Once you have submitted all of the details, the application number and password are generated. The same is sent to your registered e-mail id and mobile number.
- Candidates can log in using the application number and password to complete the application filling in further details –personal details, academic qualifications and communication address.
- Next, the candidate must upload their scanned recent passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed formats.
- After uploading the images, candidates must select their examination centres according to their preferences.
- After submitting all, the candidate must step forward to pay application fees through online or offline (Challan) mode.
- Once all the steps are done, candidates will receive an automated e-mail and SMS on their registered e-mail and mobile number.
CUET 2022 Application Fee
Candidate can make payment of CUET Application fee by debit/credit card/net banking or Challan of SBI any branch. Also, candidates can pay the fee online or offline mode. In the below-mentioned table, category-wise CUET 2022 Application fee is provided –
- General/OBC – Rs 800 for payments through Netbanking/Debit/Credit card and Rs 850 for payments through Challan (including Bank fee)
- SC/ST – Rs 350 for payments through Netbanking/Debit/Credit card and Rs 400 for payments through Challan (including Bank fee)
- PwD – Exempted form Application fee
CUET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for CUET 2022 for the undergraduate program are:
- Candidates should score a minimum of 50% marks in their +2 examination in the General category and 45% for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates should have taken up subjects in +2 depending upon the course they opt for.
Before filling out the forms, candidates must refer to the NTA website for the required eligibility criteria. On the websites, you can also find eligibility requirements of the participating universities as well as specific courses.
CUET 2022 Exam Pattern
CUET Exam Pattern is divided into three sections, including Languages, Domain, and General Test. The first section, Languages is further divided into two sub-sections where candidates can choose from 13 languages for the first sub-section and 20 languages for the second. The domain subject part allows students to pick from 27 different domain subjects. The last part of the general test contains everything from General Awareness to Current Affairs, mental ability, numeric ability, and more. As this examination consists of negative marking, candidates will have to be careful while attempting the CUET exam. Questions that are not attempted by the candidates would not be reviewed and accessed by the CUET authorities. Unanswered questions would not have any impact on the final merit score.
Admissions to the Central universities all over India are based on the CUCET score. Therefore, a candidate has to put in a lot of effort in cracking the examination with a merit score. CUCET coaching, sample papers, mock tests, and previous years’ examinations can help the candidate score a spot on the merit list.
CUET 2022 Admit Card
Candidates will receive the CUET Admit Card 10 to 15 days prior the exam. The admit card will contain the information about the exam centre address, exam timings, application number, and course. Each candidate must carry their CUET Admit Card and photo identity card on the exam day for verification. However, candidates must report any discrepancies in the exam to the exam conducting authorities.
CUET 2022 Result
Candidates can check their CUET results within a month after the exam has been successfully conducted in the online mode only. To check the results, candidates must login on the official CUET website using the login credentials generated at registration. Candidates can then download their scorecard, which will include their overall score as well as their qualification status for the next round. The exam conducting authority will then release the CUET Merit List.
How to check CUET 2022 Results?
- Visit the official CUET website – https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/
- Click on the “CUET 2022 Scorecard” in the latest news section.
- Upon clicking, a new login window will open.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth and click on the login tab.
- Your result will appear on the screen. You can download the scorecard and save it for future use.