For all those people who are in love with wonderful destinations then Ahmedabad happens to be the go-through destination. There are some amazing places to see in and around the city and visitors are bound to be mesmerized by them. In the struggle for independence, the place has a lot of historical significance and some of the eminent personalities of the freedom struggle
Which is the best time to visit Ahmedabad
According to Ahmedabad tourism, each season does go on to have its charm. Before you are planning to visit Ahmedabad there are a few pointers to consider
- Winter- the best time to visit Ahmedabad is during the winter season. The weather is pleasant or mild so you need to enjoy sightseeing, during the season. Between the months of November to February, is the best time to visit. At this juncture, the temperature ranges between 12 Celsius to 35 degrees Celsius which is best for sightseeing.
- Summer- The city of Ahmedabad experiences strong heat waves during the months between March to May. Though the temperature may cross 40 degrees and, in some cases, it can touch 45 degrees Celsius. Since summer is an off-season some amazing deals on Ahmedabad hotels can be found.
- Monsoon- the months between July to October are the best time to view the monsoon attractions. There is cool air that comes with a drop in temperature that reaches 19 degrees Celsius. But during the normal course of the day, the temperature tends to be in the range of 25 degrees.
How to reach Ahmedabad
Are you exploring ways how to reach Ahmedabad? Then the following tips would be of considerable help.
- By air- Ahmedabad is connected to all the major cities of India by the airline. Not only local but international flights operate from the airport. The airport is situated at a distance of 14 km from the city and it is better if you book a pre-paid taxi well in advance.
- By bus- Ahmedabad is connected to all the cities of India and even Mumbai has direct bus services from the region. Normal along with deluxe buses are found on this route. The Gujarat State transport association is known to manage the transport services in the region and from their official website, you can pre- book the tickets.
- By rail- The nearest railway station is near Kalupur which is connected to the major cities in India. A feature is that the station falls under the national highway transit and a lot of express trains originate from the station.
The things that you do in Ahmedabad
On your vacation, there are a host of fun activities that you can engage in Ahmedabad
- Indulge in water sports at Maniar’s wonderland- it happens to be an adventure along with an amusement zone in Ahmedabad. Here you can indulge in toy train rides, zip lines, along with a host of other water sports. During the summers a lot of people come with their kids and families to enjoy what the place has to offer and take with them beautiful memories.
- A heritage walk in the old part of Ahmedabad- One of the things that every tourist in Ahmedabad should indulge in is a tourist walk. The municipal corporation is known to organize a daily walk through the streets of the city. It starts at 8 am in the morning and people are known to walk for 2 km. During the course of the walk, you can learn and understand a lot of things about this great city. You can slip on footwear but be aware that you will be visiting a lot of temples on route. It is better to cover the tour with a local guide as they can explain all the details about the site in detail.
- Carnival along with water rides at the beautifulKankania Lake- The lake is situated in the southern part of Ahmedabad. In the 15th century, Sultan Kutubudinbuilds the lake. It is one of the popular tourist attractions for the family and kids. The reason is they can enjoy balloon rides, toy rides, and water rides among other things. In addition, the place is ideally suited for sightseeing. In the last week of December, there is a fair that is being held that attracts tourists from all over the country.
The popular tourist attractions of Ahmedabad
Some of the popular tourist attractions of Ahmedabad are as follows
- Jama Masjid- this is one of the popular religious places in the city of Ahmedabad. Built-in the year 1424 during the rule of Ahmad Shah 1 it is situated near the Bandara fort. The gates open at 6 am in the morning and close at 8 pm in the evening. A notable feature of this place is the architecture is articulate and detailed that making it one of the popular tourist attractions in the city of Ahmedabad
- Kamla Nehru Zoological- the place of Ahmedabad does not end up with religious and historical sites, but the zoological gardens have a major role to play. Since 1951 the garden has gone on to protect the natural reserves and it is situated around Kankarialake. The best part about this garden is that it is the home to some of the indigenous species of the world
- Swaminarayan temple- the temple is dedicated to Narayan Dev. Based on the instructions of the great man the temple was constructed in the year 1822. He was a follower of the sect. and the temple is an epitome of wonderful and unique paintings along with cravings. Even the architectural work that is done on the temples is mind-blogging. A point to consider is that the craving has been done in teakwood that is another added benefit.
So Ahmedabad is one of the best places where you can plan your vacation. It is for the simple reason that the place has a lot to offer for the young and the old.