A printer is a common item in every home, office, and school. The printer has been essential to modern society, allowing you to print memorable photos and everyday documents. However, there are some flaws to the handy printer that can leave users confused.
The most frustrating thing about a printer is the sudden printing of blank pages. This is especially frustrating when you’re working on a vital document or file. There are many ways to resolve this problem so that you can quickly get back to work. They can also be done on your own with minimal technical knowledge.
Why does my printer print blank pages?
Your printer may suddenly start canon printer prints blank pages. This could be a sign that your ink is low. It is possible to restore normal printing speed by simply replacing the ink cartridges. Although this is a common problem, empty ink cartridges are not always the cause.
Randomly producing blanks in a printer can have many causes. These include empty ink cartridges or improper cartridge installation. Sometimes, this issue can be caused by driver or software problems.
What do you do if your printer prints blank pages?
Do not panic if your printer keeps printing blank pages. You can send your printer to a repair facility right away. The following solutions can help you avoid costly repairs and save money. No matter what the cause of the problem is, we can provide a step-by-step guide on how to fix it.
Step 1 – Restart the Printer
Most devices can be reset to resolve minor operational or mechanical issues. Therefore, it is sensible to first try the simplest solution and then see if it works. These are the steps to reset your printer
- Wait for your printer to turn off completely by pressing the Power button.
- Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet. Wait about three minutes before reconnecting the Power cord to the outlet.
- Turn on the device by pressing its Power button. Do a test print to see if the printouts come back to normal.
- Resolve Ink/Toner Cartridge Problems
The printer won’t produce regular printouts if it has issues with its ink cartridges. To ensure your cartridges are in perfect condition, follow these steps:
- Check the Ink / Toner Levels to see if you have enough ink. If you don’t have enough ink, the cartridges will need to be replaced.
- Ink Cartridges should be removed and checked for damages. You should replace any faulty units immediately if you find them.
- Each cartridge must be correctly installed. Take out the ink tanks, and then reinstall them one by one. Make sure each unit is securely locked in place.
Find out more troubleshooting tips for ink cartridges.
Additional Tip For Laser Printers:
A Brother DR630 drum may also require replacement if it is using toner. If your Brother MFC–L2740dw Toner laser printer has black spots or hazy printouts, the drum unit is likely failing. You will need to replace the drum with a new one, regardless of whether it is a new brother cartridge. More toner troubleshooting tips for drums.
Step 2 – Clean the print head (Automatic cleaning)
You can use the automatic cleaning cycle of your inkjet printer to unclog the printhead. You can activate the cycle via your printer’s control panel, or by accessing Printer Properties on your computer.
Your printer will then clean out excess ink, soften the print head and remove any clogs. If you are having trouble unclogging your print head with a simple cleaning, the deep cleaning function is available.
Step 3 – Unclog the Print Head (Manual cleaning)
Manual cleaning is also an option if the automated cleaning method fails. You should know that there are two types of print heads. There is a cartridge-integrated print head and a removable one.
Removable print heads should not be cleaned or exposed to ink tanks. Use protective gloves to prevent ink from touching our skin. This guide will show you how to clean a printhead manually.
- Uninstall each Ink Cartridge cartridge from its slot in the Ink Cartridge Carriage. Remove the Print Head carefully.
- Clean the Print Head with a clean, lint-free cloth. Use warm water to wash off any dried ink. Continue to clean the Nozzle area until any more black ink has been removed.
- Warm water is sufficient to soak the printhead for 10 minutes. Use boiled water. Placing a paper towel at the bottom, place the print head over it and allow it to soak. why is canon printer printing blank pages
- You can remove the print head from its bowl by using a dry, lint-free cloth. Lay the printhead on top of a piece of paper towel, and let it air dry for at least 15 minutes. After it has dried completely, place the printhead back on the Carriage.
- To ensure that the print head is clean, conduct a Nozzle test before you begin printing.
If the printer still prints blank pages, or if there are no changes, you can repeat step 4. Allow the print head to soak for at least 2 to 3 hours. If necessary, overnight.
HP LaserJet Prints Blank pages – What Can You Do?
These are the solutions that you can try:
1. Ink cartridges should be checked
- Reinstall your ink cartridges
- Clear out clogged or blocked ink cartridges
- Check ink levels for your HP printer
- Fill or replace empty ink cartridges
- HP Genuine Ink Cartridges for Your Printer
2. Restart your HP printer. Turn off your printer by unplugging its cables.
3. Windows Troubleshooter can help you troubleshoot the printer
4. The Scan Doctor app can be downloaded and then used
5. Update your printer driver
6. Configure Printer Spooler services, and restore files that are needed
7. why my canon printer is printing blank pages
- Get the Services app for your computer
- Stop the Print Spooler Service
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete all of the files there.
- Start the Printer Spooler again
Leave a Reply